Statement of victims and families of coercive conversion program -3] “A woman with loudspeaker, mother-in-law at Shincheonji Press Conference... Overturning the truth after trampling my wife's life”


Statement of victims and families of coercive conversion program -3] “A woman with loudspeaker, mother-in-law at Shincheonji Press Conference... Overturning the truth after trampling my wife's life”



[The unfamiliar word 'coercive conversion' has become an issue in our society since pastor Jin Yong Sik confined Jeong Baek Hyang to a mental hospital for the purpose of conversion in 2008. And he was sentenced in the court. At that time, pastor Jin was in charge of heresy counseling for Christian Council of Korea (CCK). Pastor Jin conducted coercive conversion program to people who attend the so-called 'heresy' including religion of Jung. After that, cases of coercive conversion began to become an issue. At the beginning, pastors stepped in and conducted coercive conversion. However, now the method has changed. First of all, coercive conversion pastors stimulate the fear and anxiety of the targeted believers and its families by slandering targeted denomination. And those families become to believe that their beloved children, wives and parents will make extreme choices due to falling into heresy. To prevent this, coercive conversion programs including illegal acts such as kidnapping, confinement and violence become 'only solution' to save their families. Due to those lies, coercive conversion is still occurring in Korea where freedom of religion is recognized in the 21st century. This article intends to serialize the tearful appeal of victims and families who have no place to complain even if human rights are violated and oppressed by coercive conversion program.]



  • Married wife buried in society
  • Deploring against coercive conversion pastor who controls parents



Reference : gettyimage

Lim Jin yi (27, female) was kidnapped by her parents after drinking a drink containing sleeping pills on January 4, 2015. And, she received a brainwashing education going back and forth between Guri church and pension. Her wrists were handcuffed in an attempt to escape and suffered assault and aggression while resisting. After that, she exposed the fact of the coercive conversion program in June of the same year. But her damage was covered without receiving much attention from the society. Meanwhile, she had her own family but the damage caused by coercive conversion program is currently ongoing. Lim's husband recently released a statement about current situation he felt through Human Right Association for Victims of Coercive Conversion Programs. The following is a full text of the statements.


I am the husband of a victim who was subjected to a coercive conversion program in 2015.


Sometime ago, at the press conference of Chairman of Shincheonji, the person who has trampled the human rights by revealing my wife's identity in front of many people holding a loudspeaker and mocking the public with slander and dissemination is my wife's mother

She used Corona19 crisis and insisted saying that Shincheonji made my wife run away. However, on last 28th of January, she found out the location of my wife's loving house and ran away after being photographed on a CCTV camera. And then, she spread false fact saying "My daughter has been missing for five years so I don't know where she lives. My daughter was exposed to corona dangers in Shincheonji dormitory."

First of all, I'm going to post a piece of writing which was written at the time my wife was subjected to a coercive conversion program. 

- I became unconscious after drinking a drink containing sleeping pills around January 4, 2015. And I started to receive a coercive conversion program in the studio near Guri church which is run by Pastor Shin. When I opened my eyes, I was in a strange room and the door was locked. I resisted hitting the wall and asking help. But my father started hitting my face. Upon hearing this sound, the residents called the police. And I was transferred to Guri church. 

I shouted for help in the process of getting on the vehicle. However, church officials and my father said I was going to the mental hospital. I tried to escape from the church twice and failed. So, program officials decided to move the place to a neighboring pension after seeing my escape. 

From 9 am to 11 pm, they kept me from moving and brainwashed their own doctrine. Unless I admit it, education didn't end. Meanwhile, when I accepted their opinion, they said I was converted. And then, they sent me home from January 10th and ordered me to continue the program at their church. 

The next day, while moving to the church, a police officer received a police report and was dispatched. However, coercive conversion pastor told my parents to kidnap me. They grabbed my hair and dragged me into the car. At that time, the security of the building witnessed the scene and reported a kidnapping. After my parents found out this, they moved me to a deep mountain in Yangpyeong. In a small space from 1 pm to 8 pm, there was an unexpected violence and assault by my parents. When my parents found out that the police had tracked my location, my parents covered the license plate with the blinder which is provided by coercive conversion pastor. I was transferred to a neighboring pension and coercive conversion pastor handed over handcuff and a blindfold to my parents. I was terribly shaking and I couldn't see anything because my eyes were blindfolded. 

While imprisoned from the 12th to the 15th, I was assaulted with handcuffs in my hands and they didn't feed me saying I would lose my strength if I am starved. When I went to the restroom, they made me to go to the restroom handcuffing with my father. I felt shame and my tear dropped. I even felt I want to die. 

After that, coercive conversion pastor threatened and forced me to write a memorandum which includes consent to attend program along with protective custody request to parents. 

I was moved to Guri church again with my eyes blindfolded. Those who enforced the coercive conversion program said that they were playing a main role in the church. The next day, the police called my mother saying they had a report. My mother threatened me to say I am ok. I was able to answer the phone when the police requested to hear my voice on the phone. Meanwhile, I went to the corner of the church and asked come quickly as I was kidnapped, imprisoned and assaulted. 

When the police come to the door of the church, church officials threatened me to tell that I couldn't come to the door and I am doing well with my parents. 

Then suddenly, they cried and said "We were caught by the police because of you." And then, they shoot fake videos of me staying safe and presented to the police. However, the video was not sent. During the process, the police entered the church for confirmation. I was able to get out of the church with the police who saw the situation.

Are those actions that can be done to a child as a parent?

My father was abusive saying "If anyone tries to escape from the fence of my family, I will drag them into the fence regardless of any means and methods." And, he often verbally abused me. 

---------------------------------
In a normal family, it is hard to imagine what parents did to their daughters. Their daughter is living in hell day after day with extreme stress from her parents. My wife's parents have committed terrible crimes and protests with false facts and all kinds of groundless slander. As a result of this, my wife's heart is broken down and having unspeakable suffer such as gastritis, enteritis, stomach cramps, stomach ulcers, shingles, personal evasion, anger and extreme depression. So, as her husband, I had no choice but to leave this article. 

I am still thinking that I want to go to my wife's parents and pay back against what they did to my wife. Parents are responsible to educate children for their independent lives. However, they are deceiving many people with all kinds of lies and bury their child from society because their daughter who married and have her own family attend Shincheonji and believe in a different religion. 

Also, I deplore the fact that human rights abuses are committed by the parents who is controlled by coercive conversion pastor only for money. I just hope this fact is known to many people. 

I believe that if we endure the time of this breathtaking, dark long tunnel, a bright light will come to us. I hope that all of the victims who have suffered too hard physically and mentally due to coercive conversion program. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox

@templatesyard