[Statement of victims and families of coercive conversion program -6] “When coercive conversion program failed, illegally hospitalized at mental hospital... ” body contorted due to incorrect prescription

[The unfamiliar word 'coercive conversion' has become an issue in our society since pastor Jin Yong Sik confined Jeong Baek Hyang to a mental hospital for the purpose of conversion in 2008. And he was sentenced in the court. At that time, pastor Jin was in charge of heresy counseling for Christian Council of Korea (CCK). Pastor Jin conducted coercive conversion program to people who attend the so-called 'heresy' including religion of Jung. After that, cases of coercive conversion began to become an issue. At the beginning, pastors stepped in and conducted coercive conversion. However, now the method has changed. First of all, coercive conversion pastors stimulate the fear and anxiety of the targeted believers and its families by slandering targeted denomination. And those families become to believe that their beloved children, wives and parents will make extreme choices due to falling into heresy. To prevent this, coercive conversion programs including illegal acts such as kidnapping, confinement and violence become 'only solution' to save their families. Due to those lies, coercive conversion is still occurring in Korea where freedom of religion is recognized in the 21st century. This article intends to serialize the tearful appeal of victims and families who have no place to complain even if human rights are violated and oppressed by coercive conversion program.]

 


 

Escape from a confined house... neglection of police and family considering religious issues

Attempts to detain at mental hospital, hospital in capital area refused since it is illegal... searching for hospital in another town

Released after 81 days of imprisonment... "The parents who protested regrets late

 

Victims who stubbornly refuse a coercive conversion programs are sometimes held in mental hospitals. There are cases in which people who have no problem are forced to take medicine resulting in health problem. 

 

This is a case of Han Ji Yeon (anonym) who is a college student turning 25-year old this year. Ms. Han escaped from a coercive conversion program to refuse. As a result, she was captured by her family and confined at mental hospital for 81 days. There was a heresy counseling office behind all this. She explained that when Ms Han discharged herself from the mental hospital writing petition for relief, her parents started to protest according to an order directed by heresy counseling office. Her parents regretted the imprisonment of their child at mental hospital even though she had no problem. The following is Han's appeal. 

 

I am a 25-year-old college student living in Seoul and have been imprisoned in a mental hospital for 81 days.

 


 

Under the circumstances that many congregants of Shincheonji church are suffering from infection due to Corona crisis, I felt sorry for social atmosphere treating us abusers spreading virus rather than victims. This is the reason why I am writing this article.

 

In particular, the press produces negative image over Shincheonji with unverified stories. I really want to let you know who is the real illegal organization and how much damage has been caused by this malicious image. 

 

I am a 25-year old college student living in Seoul. From February 5 to April 26, 2017, I was compulsorily admitted to mental hospital in Gyeong Sang Buk Do for 81 days. 

 

After my parents found out that I was attending Shincheonji church on February 2, 2017, they forbad me from going out for 3 days. They contacted the heresy counseling agency to set reservation. And they forced me to see programs that slander Shincheonji church called 'people who fell for Shincheonji' which is identified as false report. 

 

After a very painful time, I escaped from home on February 5th. I was able to go to the police station near me by my neighbor's report. However, police officers agreed with my family to send me to a mental hospital rather than to protect me regarding this is family and/or religious issues. 

 

The police forcibly expelled me commenting obstruction of justice when I asked for a phone call. As soon as I went out from the police station, I was forcibly put in an ambulance and arrived at hospital B in Do Bong Gu. At hospital, the doctor concluded that it was illegal for me to be hospitalized. However, my family and relatives kept asking for me to be hospitalized. The doctor said that there are places in the province where illegal admission is possible and introduced us a hospital which can be admitted immediately on the day. I was immediately transferred to hospital A on the spot and forced to be hospitalized by consulting only without any examination. 

 

Since then, I was illegally hospitalized for a total of 81 days. The name of disease was called a religious delusion. However, there was no basis for hospitalization. It was my duty to take prescribed drugs twice a day even though I was not diagnosed. My body was twisted for days due to drugs. And I had seizures due to side effects. And, the patients who were at hospital worried about me. But, officials at hospital neglected and acted like nothing happens. After the symptoms got worse, they noticed that it was a side effect and changed the drugs. 

 

Not only that, the phone calls which is allowed to all patients were restricted. They watched me through surveillance camera all day long. and didn't let me go out. In addition, I was not discriminated to many other patients and things going around at mental hospital made my mind devastated. 

 

Even after I was forcibly hospitalized, my family steadily consulted with Gu Ri Heresy Counseling Center and visited me once evey two weeks to curse and treat me insane. 

 

Even though I was locked with no hope, I was desperately looking for a way out. Despite the doctor dissuaded me, I submitted a claim for relief in order to be discharged. 

 

I went back to the hospital later to check with the doctor about the situation which happened at that time. The doctor still couldn't say the exact basis about the name of disease and said he wanted to help the family. 

 

There was another wound. When I was under the protection of a state agency after I left the hospital, Gu Ri Heresy Counseling Office ordered my parents to protest in front of several Shincheonji church. 

 

Three years after my terrible memories, I became to live with my family again. Now, my parents acknowledged the brutality of Gu Ri Heresy Counseling Office and apologized to me several times. 

 

My parents are also victims who were forced to hospitalize their children in a mental hospital due to a malicious and unfounded slander of Heresy Counseling Office toward Shincheonji deceiving people. I and my family has deep wounds. And we are taking medication because of anxiety. 

 

Currently, many people are sick and dying from Corona19 worldwide. At the time when everyone tries to focus on ending Corona19, those who make money and take advantage of Shincheonji should be eliminated. Actions such as unconditional slander and framing can never help calm this situation. It makes people fight each other. 

 

Thank you for reading this long article. The actions of coercive conversion pastors who slander maliciously without no proof needs to be punished legally. I hope that there will be no more victims like me. And I also hope that this Corona19 will end as soon as possible. 

 

출처 : https://bit.ly/3eLFfmJ

 


1 comment:

  1. Coercive conversion is an amoral and criminal practice. Thank you for raising awareness through this article. The UN has called for the immediate shutdown of the Christian Council of Korea (CCK) whose conversion pastors have conceived of and carried out this programme. I'll do all I can to raise awareness about this morally bankrupt programme. How can the Korean government just idly watch this happen?

    ReplyDelete

Adbox

@templatesyard