"After reassuring that practicing Shincheonji faith is approved...abrupt abduction and confinement to force conversion"

 "After reassuring that practicing Shincheonji faith is approved...
abrupt abduction and confinement to force conversion"

Those who attend Shincheonji Church alone among family members are directly victimized by the prejudice that the existing church has created in our society with vested interests. They need to worry about something which you don't have to in Korea with guaranteed religious freedom.

That is they have to keep their beliefs as if North Korean Christians hold their breath in underground churches worrying about revealing their faith to the communist authorities. This is because if you reveal your faith you are dragged to people's court ending up with receiving all kinds of criticism and judgement from pastors and members of existing churches and being dragged to a conversion program if severe.

Victims of forced conversion say that the biggest victims of the “heresy frame” created by existing churches are the families of our society.

For this reason, victims emphasize that the heresy frame should disappear in our society. This is because if heresy frame which is the crystallization of the culture of exclusion and jealousy, that cannot openly reveal one's beliefs continues, there can be victims at any time. Yoon So Young (pseudonym, female, Buk-gu, Gwangju Metropolitan City) raised her voice that the coercive conversion pastors who created these heresy frame spreading them to society should disappear. The following is the full text of Ms. Yoon's appeal.


How do you do?

I am writing this article to inform the government of the Republic of Korea, the public and the judiciary regarding damages of human rights caused by coercive conversion program and to appeal to coercive conversion pastors who is religious scammer for legal punishment.

Until October 13, 2013, I was a female college student living a normal life like any other age. Our family understood and trusted each other more than other families. My father and mother took care of me and my younger brother, who is a high school student, while doing private business together.

In the summer of July 2013, my parents found out that I was attending Shincheonji Church, and my parents said that if I am faithful to my studies and home, I can go to Shincheonji church. I said that I understood. So, I worked harder in my school life.

However, on October 13, 2013, I was kidnapped and imprisoned in a studio  for a month in Kumho-dong with my cell phone taken away. There, I had to receive an unwanted conversion program evangelist Im who was a preacher at Gwangju A Church which was an existing church .

A few days after I was confined, I finally signed an unwanted (conversion program) agreement because I wanted to get out of there. When I agreed to sign, my parents suddenly became kind to me and kept saying thank you after they called somewhere.

The staff in charge of the conversion program at Church A forced me to admit that Shincheonji was wrong during the program. He told my parents that I was not ready to receive the program when I did not give the answer he wanted. When they heard that, my parents pressured me to answer right.

The parents who heard only the bad rumors about Shincheonji became completely different from what I knew.

In a studio with no external contact for nearly a month, I was given a confinement and brainwashing program. It was judged that I could not get out of there unless I deny Shincheonji.

Finally I gave them the answers they wanted and told my parents to go out. However, they persuaded my parents that I had not yet been converted and that I should never be sent outside saying I have to be moved elsewhere and receive a follow-up program.

My family who understands and trusts each other turned into a relationship that did not trust each other after the pastor of Church A intervened.

Exactly, from October 13th to November 10th, 2013, while I was confined, I received an unwanted conversion program from coercive conversion pastor. Afterwards, I came out of there. I had to suffer from indescribable mental pain and insomnia due to the long-term imprisonment environment.

But what makes me even more angry is that Mr. Im, a conversion program is still running a coercive conversion program while circumventing the net of the laws and the victims and its families have to bear the damage. It hurts me so much to think about how my family who support each other and trust the most distrusts and hurts each other.

In Korea, where there is freedom of religion, due to Mr. Im, a coercive conversion businessman, family was destroyed and human rights were violated. A coercive conversion businessman who are destroying our family, which has been living happily and ordinary, must disappear from Korea.

I ask the government and the judiciary to protect weak women like me so that victims like me will never occur again.

1 comment:

  1. It's a shocking reality that this is happening in South Korea in 2021. These so-called 'pastors' of the Protestant church deceive victims' own families into carrying out heinous acts like kidnap, imprisonment and violence on their own child. Why? For money. There is nothing religious about these people. It is an outright crime which rips families apart. When will the Korean government wake up to this reality and do something? There are undoubtedly scores of victims undergoing 'coercive conversion' in some secluded places in South Korea as this message goes out.

    ReplyDelete

Adbox

@templatesyard